"A library book, I imagine, is a happy book." Cornelia Funke

"Everything puts me in mind of a story." Ben Franklin

Friday, February 20, 2009

Thing 25: additions

The four things that I (officially) added are:


  1. For Statistics Collection: reader map from Clustrmaps
  2. A useful feature: contact form from Contactify
  3. From Widgetbox : a "This Day in History" widget
  4. Getting Social : I joined MyBlogLog
See my other changes in the posts below.
Adding my gadget from Widgetbox went smoothly. The only real effort it took was choosing the widget. I thought about adding one that is a searchable dictionary, or another that is a GRE word of the day, but I though that history would be most fun.
I joined My Blog Log because "When you visit MyBlogLog-enabled sites, "your photo shows up on the widget - a virtual calling card. Clicking on your photo leads to your profile and all the stuff you share." It took me awhile, since I needed to set up a profile, and I still don't know if I'm utilizing all the features that I could. I'd like to add a screen shot of this blog. The communities to join were slim pickings in the library department, so I joined a history one called "Edwardian Promenade."
I just checked back with My Blog Log, and 5 people have viewed my information. I had 2 contact requests, but one looked kind of shady and had sex as a tag, so I blocked her. I'm not sure what will come of this. Maybe more accidental blog hits. :)

No comments: