"A library book, I imagine, is a happy book." Cornelia Funke

"Everything puts me in mind of a story." Ben Franklin

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Blinkx Video Search



As part of Thing 25, I went to http://www.blinkx.com/ and made this "wall" of Teen Book Trailer videos. I was able to search and "wall" all the things that they pulled up or go through and put my chosen videos in a play list that I was then able to wall. I chose the selective method and have trailers for you from Shattering Glass, 13 Little Blue Envelopes, Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie and lots more. Just mouse over to see what's what. What do you think? Do you like this? I think this would catch a teen's attention if it was on a library site or blog.

It was very simple to get the code for this widget, but getting it to work wasn't as easy. I made this yesterday evening, and when I pushed "publish post" in Blogger, it kept finding fault with the HTML code and wouldn't work. Today I did the same thing and everything went smoothly. Go figure. New technology requires patience. :)

Okay, what in the world?! When I published this before, it played what I had saved. Now that I've added commentary and I swear I didn't touch the HTML code, it's playing random video. This is starting to seem like more trouble than it's worth, or maybe I just have a low boiling point.

Okay, I did it over.

No comments: