"A library book, I imagine, is a happy book." Cornelia Funke

"Everything puts me in mind of a story." Ben Franklin

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Thing 45: Cloud Computing

Photo by Paul Glover at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ni2sml/

Apparently, Cloud Computing is something I'm already a part of. I use Photobucket, Flickr, Facebook, Library Thing, Yahoo, Delicious etc.

Data Backups:

This is way beyond the scope of my personal need, but here is PC Magazine Editor's Choice for best back up.

Web OS:

I briefly looked at g.ho.st, Desk Top Two and Glide Digital. These sites let you set up a personal digital desktop. That seems like a good idea to me, if you could be sure that the site was secure. I don't think that I need one at present, but it sounds helpful for patrons without computers who come in to use our library's.

No comments: