"A library book, I imagine, is a happy book." Cornelia Funke

"Everything puts me in mind of a story." Ben Franklin

Monday, June 1, 2009

Thing 46: WebJunction Minnesota

I registered at WebJunction Minnesota, friended one person and joined the group MN Early Career Librarians. I figure a 5 year librarian counts as early in her career, even if she isn't so early in her life. :) There haven't been any new discussion since April, but that's okay.

Looking over the events calendar, the 30th Annual Children's Literature Workshop looks interesting, but it is held in Saint Cloud and I'm no longer a Children's Librarian. Just the teens.

Some of the courses look good, such as Reader's Advisory and Reaching Teens. I think that they will be most helpful for me. I would like to talk to my supervisor to see if I can get the green flag to enroll in a couple.

No comments: