"A library book, I imagine, is a happy book." Cornelia Funke

"Everything puts me in mind of a story." Ben Franklin

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Thing 16: Audio

Audioboo:

"Audioboo is a very simple application where one can record up to three minutes of audio. Recordings (called “Boos” in Audioboo) can be shared via Audioboo, Facebook, Twitter, and more, and you can also find and follow other people within the app."


Making the Audioboo recording was incredibly easy. You just push record and speak. For my trial, I recorded myself reading a new book that I'm keeping in mind for storytime, Two Speckled Eggs by Jennifer K. Mann. This is a sweet story of a blossoming and unexpected friendship.


As always, it was a shock hearing how my voice sounds in a recording, but beyond that I am happy with the way it turned out. There was ample time to read the book. I would share it here, but I think that would be a copyright violation. The only problem with Audioboo is that you can't rewind and record over any mistakes that you might make. Since my first read-through wasn't perfect, I would need to re-record it if I really was posting it somewhere. Also, since I'm not sharing it anywhere, I don't know how difficult that would be.

Still, I think that I would use Audioboo, at least professionally, if I was given a opportunity.

1 comment:

Jennifer K. Mann said...

Thanks so much for featuring my book. Your audio recording experiments sound neat. Hope Two Speckled Eggs is enjoyed by your young listeners!
Best,
Jennifer