"A library book, I imagine, is a happy book." Cornelia Funke

"Everything puts me in mind of a story." Ben Franklin

Monday, March 17, 2014

Thing 9: Taking & Editing Photos


The first app that I tried was Color Splurge:

"Color Splurge lets you do selective coloring on your images, which is where you can choose to change the color of just one or many things in your image. You can change your photos to black and white and make just one color stand out, or you can completely change the color of clothing in a photo. Color Splurge is all about messing with your photos colors."

It was easy to work with and you can see my results above. I can't imagine that I'll use this a lot, but it's nice to know that I have the option if I want it.

Next up was Line Camera:

"With LINE Camera you can jazz up your photos in a lot of different ways. You can apply filters to your pictures, choose from hundreds of frames, add text on your photos with a variety of fonts, and so much more. It’s an easy way to quickly have fun with your photos or to make some promotional materials for the library."

Here is a photo of my husband and our dog Zoe. I played around with it, and I think the filter that I used was "Romance." :) I'm not likely to use stickers or cartoony frames, but the filter options were fun.




On a scarier note, here is a morning snap of me, before and after. On the right, my skin has been brightened and smoothed, my face has been slimmed, my eyes have been enlarged and my hair has been volumized. And guess what? It's not really me anymore. I disapprove of this kind of editing. It's one thing to take breakouts off your face, but come on, my left side picture is reality.


 
 
I have two more apps to try for this entry, but I have to upgrade my software first. So, more will follow.

2 comments:

Librarian D.O.A. said...

I definitely want to try the app that fixes all the imperfections in my face. You don't need it but I do!

Donell said...

Oh, you do not! But isn't Zoe pretty?