"A library book, I imagine, is a happy book." Cornelia Funke

"Everything puts me in mind of a story." Ben Franklin

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Thing 13: Presentations

Haiku Deck:

"Have you ever wanted to make a quick presentation for a training session or to show photos from a field trip or library program? How about a slideshow of your Instagram food pics? Whatever your goal, with Haiku Deck you can easily create impressive-looking presentations without a lot of preparation—or time."

 I downloaded this app and began to look at the "meet Haiku Deck for iPhone" info. and uh-oh, slide 7 says "Create or edit on iPhone, Coming Soon!" So, this app is already off my phone. However, to get an idea of how Haiku Deck works, I went to Haikudeck.com and made a little fake presentation. Haiku Deck is really simple to use. I enjoy making presentations in Power Point and I also liked doing this, mainly because it was so easy to insert photos that made backgrounds for the entire slides. I can definitely see using this where Power Point is not available and maybe I will try doing a whole presentation on Haiku Deck and see how it goes.

You can see it here: Planting Bulbs for Spring
Created with Haiku Deck, the free presentation app

No comments: