"A library book, I imagine, is a happy book." Cornelia Funke

"Everything puts me in mind of a story." Ben Franklin

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 1



Minnesota Library Systems is offering a new program for librarians called 23 Mobile Things and I will be doing them. In 2008 and 2009, I  participated when they did 23 Things on a Stick and More Things On a Stick, so naturally, I want to keep learning. I will be doing the things on my iPhone.

It's funny, but a few years ago, I had no interest in having a smartphone. As far as I was concerned a phone's whole purpose was to ring, dial and take a message. Now, I'm pitifully attached to my iPhone. Aside from the pleasure of having a pink phone case, I love having instant access to Facebook, Youtube and other Internet joys, plus my camera and photos, and apps like The Weather Channel, Pinterest, and a solitaire game where you also collect virtual cats. It's great! Yet, I know as these things go, it's barely the tip of the iceberg. So, I'm eager to find out what other play and work help awaits me in 23 Mobile Things.

What's already on my phone:

Apps:

  • Castle Solitaire
  • Dakota County Library Mobile
  • Find iPhone
  • Flashlight
  • Gmail
  • Goodreads
  • Google
  • Hennepin County Library Mobile
  • iTunes
  • Kitty Solitaire
  • Pinterest
  • Safari
  • Samegame
  • ScanLife
  • Skyview Free
  • Weather Channel

No comments: