"A library book, I imagine, is a happy book." Cornelia Funke

"Everything puts me in mind of a story." Ben Franklin

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

2013 Fifty Fifty Me Challenge Summary



Clearly, I became increasingly unfaithful in reporting my fiftyfifty.me statistics as 2013 wore on. When I last reported in September, my stats were:

Books total: 90
Minus folktales: 53
Movies 28
Major 37/7
Minor 2/3

One thing I learned was that I was not going to watch 50 new movies in 2013. I would much rather read or watch a TV series on DVD or Netflix such as Orange is the New Black, Grimm or Murdoch Mysteries. So, I pretty much gave up that challenge. In fact, the only new (to me) movies I can remember watching between October-December were Enough Said and Despicable Me. So, I only watched 30 movies.

I think that I read twelve more chapter books/novels:

Alphabetical by author:

  1. Long Lankin by Lindsey Barraclough
  2. After: 19 Stories of Apocalypse & Dystopia Ed. by Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling
  3. The Panopticon by Jenni Fagan
  4. If You Could Be Mine by Sara Farizan
  5. On the Day I Died: Stories from the Grave by
  6. Odd and the Frost Giants by Neil Gaiman
  7. Skylight Confessions by Alice Hoffman
  8. The Great Trouble: a Mystery of London, The Blue Death, and a Boy Called Eel by Deborah Hopkinson
  9. The Rebellion of Miss Lucy Ann Lobdell by William Klaber
  10. The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long
  11. Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness
  12. UnSouled by Neal Shusterman
I only read two books by John Steinbeck in 2013. Maybe I'll read the last one in 2014.

I read twenty one more folktales, but I left Japan behind and visited stories of Aboriginal Australia and China. To see them, click my labels for each country.

 Final stats (or so I think, I've never been good at math):

Books total: 123
Minus folktales: 65
Movies 30
Major 37/7
Minor 2/3




No comments: