Fun books about food:
- Muncha! Muncha! Muncha! by Candace Fleming: bunnies want Mr. McGreely's garden veggies.
- Monsters Don't Like Broccoli by Barbara Jean Hicks: or do they?
- Senorita Gordita by Helen Ketteman: a southwestern version of The Gingerbread Man.
- The Watermelon Seed by Greg Pizzoli: a crocodile swallows a watermelon seed and worries, will a watermelon grow inside him?
- Rah, Rah, Radishes!: a Vegetable Chant by April Pulley Sayre: hooray for tasty veggies!
- Foxy and Egg by Alex T. Smith: Foxy invites Egg over for dinner, but she is hoping to make him her breakfast!
- Snack Time for Confetti by Kali Stiles: Confetti is a hungry little bird who asks her animal friends for tips on what she should eat.
- Rude Cakes by Rowboat Watkins: a bratty cake gets his comeuppance when he is stolen by a Giant Cyclops!