"A library book, I imagine, is a happy book." Cornelia Funke

"Everything puts me in mind of a story." Ben Franklin

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Touch a Truck Family Storytime

 
 
Truck Storytime Books:
  • Dinotrux by Chris Gall
  • Revenge of the Dinotrux by Chris Gall
  • Hansel and Diesel by David Gordon
  • I'm a Truck Driver by Johnathan London, Illus. by David Parkins
  • I Stink! by Kate McMullen
  • The Construction Crew by Lynn Meltzer, Illus. by Carrie Eko-Burgess
  • Truck Stop by Anne Rockwell, Illus. by Melissa Iwai
  • Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle, Illus. by Jill McElmurry
  • Little Blue Truck Leads the Way by Alice Schertle, Illus. by Jill McElmurry
  • Jon Scieszka's Trucktown: The Great Truck Rescue (previously published as Melvin Might?) by David Shannon, Loren Long & David Gordon
  • Jon Scieszka's Trucktown: Welcome to Trucktown (previously published as Smash!Crash!)by David Shannon, Loren Long & David Gordon
  • Monkey Truck by Michael Slack
  • Tonka: I'm a Great Big Tow Truck! by Michael Anthony Steele, Illus. by Tom La Padula Studio
  • I Love Trucks! by Philemon Sturges, Illus. by Shari Halpern
  • Roadwork by Sally Sutton, Illus. by Brian Lovelock


Old MacDonald Had a Truck:

Old MacDonald Had a Truck, E-I-E-I-O!
And on his truck there were some wheels, E-I-E-I-O!
With a spin, spin here and a spin, spin there,
Here a spin, there a spin,
Everywhere a spin, spin,
Old MacDonald Had a Truck, E-I-E-I-O!

Old MacDonald Had a Truck, E-I-E-I-O!
And on his truck there were some wipers, E-I-E-I-O!
With a swish, swish here and a swish, swish  there,
Here a swish, there a swish,
Everywhere a swish, swish
Old MacDonald Had a Truck, E-I-E-I-O!

Old MacDonald Had a Truck, E-I-E-I-O!
And on his truck there was a horn, E-I-E-I-O!
With a honk, honk here and a honk, honk there,
Here a honk, there a honk,
Everywhere a honk, honk
Old MacDonald Had a Truck, E-I-E-I-O!

Fingerplay: “Where Are Trucks?” (Thumbkin)

Where is pick-up truck? Where is pick-up truck?
Here I am. Here I am.
How are you today, sir? Very well, I thank you.
Drive away. Drive away.

(Tow truck, dump truck, ice cream truck, fire truck)

Five Big Trucks:

Five big trucks went out one day, over the road and far away.
The dispatcher said, "Come on back!"
But only four big trucks came rolling back.
....

No big trucks went out one day over the road and far away.
The dispatcher said, "Let's go to the races!"
And the trucks came back from so many places!"

No comments: