"A library book, I imagine, is a happy book." Cornelia Funke

"Everything puts me in mind of a story." Ben Franklin

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Storytime: What is a Hole?


  • My Rhinoceros by Jon Agee (pokes holes in kites)
  • The Great Doughnut Parade by Rebecca Bond
  • Roslyn Rutabaga and the Biggest Hole On Earth! by Marie-Louise Gay
  • A Hole is To Dig by Ruth Krauss, Illus. by Maurice Sendak
  • What's In a...Hole? by Tracy Nelson Maurer (non-fiction)
  • Too Many Bunnies by Matt Novak
  • Richard Scarry's Egg in the Hole
  • The Pocket Dogs by Margaret Wild & Stephen Michael King


The Doughnut Song
(Sung to the tune of Do Your Ears Hang Low)

 Well I walked around the corner and I walked around the block
And I walked right into a doughnut shop
And I picked up a doughnut fresh from the grease
And I handed the lady a five cent piece

 Well she looked at the nickle and she looked at me
And she said this nickle is no good, you see
There's a hole in the middle and it goes right through
And I said there's a hole in the doughnut too!

 Thanks for the doughnut
Good day!

Fingerplay:

Here is a bunny with ears so funny,
And her is her hole in the ground.
When a noise she hears,
She pricks up her ears,
And jumps in her hole so round.

No comments: