- My Rhinoceros by Jon Agee (pokes holes in kites)
- The Great Doughnut Parade by Rebecca Bond
- Roslyn Rutabaga and the Biggest Hole On Earth! by Marie-Louise Gay
- A Hole is To Dig by Ruth Krauss, Illus. by Maurice Sendak
- What's In a...Hole? by Tracy Nelson Maurer (non-fiction)
- Too Many Bunnies by Matt Novak
- Richard Scarry's Egg in the Hole
- The Pocket Dogs by Margaret Wild & Stephen Michael King
The Doughnut Song
Well I walked around the corner and I walked around the blockAnd I walked right into a doughnut shop
And I picked up a doughnut fresh from the grease
And I handed the lady a five cent piece
Well she looked at the nickle and she looked at meAnd she said this nickle is no good, you see
There's a hole in the middle and it goes right through
And I said there's a hole in the doughnut too!
Thanks for the doughnutGood day!
Here is a bunny with ears so funny,
And her is her hole in the ground.
When a noise she hears,
She pricks up her ears,
And jumps in her hole so round.