"A library book, I imagine, is a happy book." Cornelia Funke

"Everything puts me in mind of a story." Ben Franklin

Monday, March 26, 2012

Bright Yellow Storytime


  • Chicks Run Wild by Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen, Illus. by Ward Jenkins
  • Big Yellow Sunflower by Frances Barry
  • Sam and the Tigers by Julius Lester, Illus. by Jerry Pinkney (probably too long for my group, but I desperately want to use it)
  • Little Blue and Little Yellow by Leo Lionni
  • My Race Car by Michael Rex
  • Yellow Everywhere by Kristen Sterling (non-fiction)
  • Banana! by Ed Vere
  • Max's Bunny Business by Rosemary Wells (lemonade)
Songs:

Mister Sun (as sung by Raffi)

Oh mister sun, sun, mister golden sun, (Place hands over head to form sun)
Please shine down on me. (Wiggle fingers while moving hands down)
Oh mister sun, sun, mister golden sun,(Place hands over head to form sun)
Hiding behind the tree. (Place hands over eyes)
These little children are asking you, (Points to children)
To please come out so we can play with you. (I don't know sign)
Oh mister sun, sun, mister golden sun,(Place hands over head to form sun)
Please shine down on,(Wiggle fingers while moving hands down)
Won't you shine down on,(Wiggle fingers while moving hands down)
Please shine down on me.(Point at self)

    No comments: