"A library book, I imagine, is a happy book." Cornelia Funke

"Everything puts me in mind of a story." Ben Franklin

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hats Off to Storytime


Where's Mary's Hat? Barroux
The Hat by Jan Brett
Dog in Boots by Greg Gormley, Illus. by Roberta Angaramo (after boots comes hats)
Buy My Hats! by Dave Horowitz
Brownie and Pearl See the Sights by Cynthia Rylant, Illus. by Brian Biggs (includes a trip to the hat shop)
Caps for Sale by Esphr Slobodkina
Do You Have a Hat? by Eileen Spinelli, Illus. by Geraldo Valerio
A Hat for Minerva Louise by Janet Morgan Stoeke

Songs:


On My Head I Wear A Hat (Tune of "This Old Man")

On my head I wear a hat


It is such a funny hat

That my head will wiggle wiggle to and fro

Where else can my fun hat go?


On my foot I wear a hat

It is such a funny hat

That my foot  will wiggle wiggle to and fro

Where else can my fun hat go?
Repeat with different body parts

Where Has My Hat Gone? (Tune of “Where Has My Little Dog Gone?)

Oh where, oh where has my red hat gone?


Oh where, oh where can it be?

I’ve looked up high and Ive looked down low.

Did someone hide it from me?

Repeat with different colors...

No comments: