"A library book, I imagine, is a happy book." Cornelia Funke

"Everything puts me in mind of a story." Ben Franklin

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dian Fossey would be pleased: Gorilla Storytime

Gary and Ray Gary and Ray by Sarah Adams

Gladys Goes Out to Lunch Gladys Goes Out to Lunch by Derek Anderson

Little Beauty by Anthony Browne


Go-Go Gorillas Go-Go Gorillas by Julia Durango, Illus. by Eleanor Taylor

Ooo Ooo Ooo Gorilla! Ooo Ooo Ooo Gorilla! by Lydia Monks

Good Night, Gorilla Good Night, Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann


Songs/Finger Plays for Preschool Lesson Plan: Gorillas


(sung to the tune of Ten Little Indians)

One little, two little,

Three little gorillas.

Four little, five little,

Six little gorillas.

Seven little, eight little,

Nine little gorillas.

Ten little gorillas say good night!

Link

Fingerplay/Activity


I’m a Gorilla

I’m a gorilla. (squat down, knees bent, knuckles touching the floor)

I’m a great big ape.

I sit like this,

But I can stand up straight. (stand up)

When I’m happy,

I jump up and down. (jump)

But when I’m mad,

I have a scary frown. (make a scowly face)

If you scare me, (point to self)

Here’s what I’ll do— (shake finger)

I’ll beat my chest, (beat chest with fists)


And try to scare you. (point to someone else)


storyplace

No comments: