"A library book, I imagine, is a happy book." Cornelia Funke

"Everything puts me in mind of a story." Ben Franklin

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dogs by Emily Gravett


From the cover doggie, enticing you to exercise together, to a stick toting wagger on the back flap, the canines in Emily Gravett's Dogs are charmers all. Inside, expressive pups of all kinds are showcased, such as a tiny but vigorous barker, a chic beribboned poodle (dyed my favorite color!) or a naughty shoe chewer. Clever design details like the bone shaped lines of type on the dedication page and the various breeds such as a cheerful Shar Pei, a suspicious Bulldog and a coy Great Dane  parading over the end papers add to the book's appeal. The simple text makes this appropriate to share with the youngest dog lover, and the unexpected ending is sure to tickle anyone's fancy. I plan to break this out at an upcoming fall storytime.

Gravett also wrote the adorable Orange Pear Apple Bear!

3 comments:

Weight Watcher Wannabe said...

Looks soo cute....

GardenGoddess said...

Monty has never come to me with his leash in his mouth (like Snoopy bringing his supper bowl to Charlie Brown) but he does other cute things to let me know it's time to go! Looks like a delightful book.

GardenGoddess said...

Hi there: I love your blog and I've nominated you for a blog award! Visit me at: http://auntieksgarden.blogspot.com/
to see the details.